Friday, January 4, 2013

I am enjoying ….

having a clean house.  I knew I would, but it just seemed so daunting to get started.  I’m glad I have a “plan” now.   I know some of you may think this is trivial, but it’s amazing how my mood has improved.   Of course it would be a LOT better if I could build something.  Because of the new year, my chiropractor appointments have decreased from twice a week to once a week.  The insurance coverage started over on the first of January.  I have had a couple of good days recently, but overall on a daily basis, I’m not sure it’s any better.

So, back to this plan—Thursday was day three on the rotating cleaning schedule.  It was surface clean bedrooms (put away toys, clothes, dust)  Well, needless to say I didn’t have any toys to put away, but lots of clothes.  I cleaned a little deeper than was on the list, but there are still things that need to be done. The good news is, the bedrooms come around on the schedule quite often.  So, if I keep it tidy, then the next time, I can do a little more.
ohhh, as I write this Thursday evening, I realize that I didn’t WATP (walk away the pounds today)  I was gone most of the morning and afternoon, and it totally slipped my mind once I got home and started cleaning. 
1 coke and 2 pieces of chocolate AND a few m&m’s.  
Today’s scheduled cleaning is
4: Surface clean the “extra” rooms (basement, office, play room) 
Yikes!  no office or play room, NOT doing the basement, so I’ll stick with the hallway and the no-purpose room (off the kitchen).  We fondly refer to it as the blue room.  It’s basically a large hallway (pass through) to the basement, garage, back yard, and an enclosed porch that is suppose to be my craft room.
The kitchen floor needs mopping and I scanned the schedule today to see when that happens.  It isn’t on there, oddly enough. I’ll have to plug it in somewhere, writing it on my printed list so I can remember when it comes around again.
I wonder what Peter has in store for us today.  Each day I dread it, worry that it’s going to be something that will take me way longer than 10 minutes, because I really want to keep it under 10.  IF I do keep it under 10, I know that I’ll do each task, and then feel great after it’s done.
I sure hope that some of you are motivated to get moving, cleaning and de-cluttering.   Did you move yesterday? de-clutter?  do tell! 
see ya,
gail
ps  I think I’m going to get up and do 15 minutes of walking   Smile   EDITED to ADD:  I did 30 minutes!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I did some cleaning yesterday, some purging, and some painting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I suppose you're talking about your studio? Once we get started, it gets easier.... getting started is the hardest part!

    have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I organized and put away most of my Christmas stuff. Just the trees are left. AND, I reorganized my eating area hutch - realizing Steve and I have a lot of nice wine glasses that never get used. We like the cheap thick ones :) I did move - I have to or I get anxious - went to a step class in the am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear from you here! I need/want 2 things. I need to inspire my friends, and I need my friends to inspire (hold me accountable) so that I stay on track! Have a great weekend Marla!

      Delete
  4. I did allot of moving yesterday...and already this morning I've been at it. I have three basketball games to attend today...then back to the house I will come and try to get the rest of this painting table done...after I clean those remotes from Peter's plan yesterday.

    Quite frankly....this is just the boost I needed to git-r-dun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was a good day for me as well, I didn't blog about it yet. I may try to get a post in this morning.
      I really LOVE waking to a neat and tidy house. I know you will love your craft room after you get that table tackled. Hopefully you'll be able to find a place for your CAMEO. ;)
      have a super day!
      gail

      Delete

thanks for stopping by and taking the time to say "hi". :)