Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3 of 31 days

Photo: Day 3: Keep Your Lid On! Today your task is to tackle all those disposable plastic storage containers that you have in cupboards and drawers in your kitchen. Get them all out onto the kitchen counter.  Discard any that don't have matching lids, that the dishwasher has mangled or that are stained. My rule: no more than 15 plastic storage containers! Here's the deal: with takeout containers, margarine containers and coleslaw containers there's a constant inflow of these puppies into your home - the trick is to keep them under control. So ... take a deep breath, drag them out and take ten minutes to get it done!!  Let me know how you do.  #31Days2GetOrganized
Day 3: Keep Your Lid On! Today your task is to tackle all those disposable plastic storage containers that you have in cupboards and drawers in your kitchen. Get them all out onto the kitchen counter. Discard any that don't have matching lids, that the dishwasher has mangled or that are stained. My rule: no more than 15 plastic storage containers! Here's the deal: with takeout containers, margarine containers and coleslaw containers there's a constant inflow of these puppies into your home - the trick is to keep them under control. So ... take a deep breath, drag them out and take ten minutes to get it done!! Let me know how you do. #31Days2GetOrganized

The picture above is the one from Peter’s Facebook page.

day 3
I set the timer for 10 minutes (as soon as I got home and saw the FB post) and I didn’t think 10 minutes would be enough.  I do save a lot of containers.   You can see that it took me 5 minutes to pull it all out.

day 3 (a)
I matched the lids like Peter said, and then this is what I had left.  In my defense, I do save a lot because I make stuff ahead and freeze it.  It’s such a great system when you live alone.  In the first picture, there is a stack of small clear containers with red lids.  Those are from KFC.  I LOVE them, because they allow me to freeze single servings just for me.  I kept all of them.  Even though I’m not getting rid of a lot, just clearing it and putting it al back in made for lots better organization.  Smile
Loving this challenge, I think he should do it all year.
Set that timer, and get to work!
see ya,
gail

4 comments:

  1. What...no 'after' picture of the organized cabinet? You sure you didn't just toss it all back in there??? lol...j/k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always in a hurry when I do these 10 minute challenges. I always want to "beat the buzzer". I'll try to remember to document next time. hahahah BUT, you know you can trust me, right? ;)

      Delete
  2. I have a plastic "milk crate" that I keep our lids in. That way they aren't everywhere! I go through them periodically to make sure they match up to the bowls... if not... they're chucked. If I could only keep my husband (who saves EVERYTHING)from keeping those margarine tubs... if I cannot see what's in it... I don't want it.

    Good for you Gail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we all do what works best for us. :)

      I tend to save too much, but it's been two years since I cleaned out that cabinet, so I think it was not too bad after all that time. Are you joining in on the 10 minute challenges? It's actually quite fun and rewarding.
      happy Friday!

      Delete

thanks for stopping by and taking the time to say "hi". :)