Saturday, January 5, 2013

all is well

Good morning friends!

Friday was a busy day, but I got a lot accomplished.  I received an Etsy order, which I got right to work on, IN THE KITCHEN.  That made me a little nervous.  That’s generally the downfall of that room….when I start doing projects.  I made the signs. While I had the Portrait out, I cut contact paper out for several more signs.  I’m adding some new options (wedding signs) to the Etsy shop.  I hear that it gets really busy this time of year due to all of the holiday engagements.   When it warms a little next week, I’ll go to the garage to cut wood for the new signs.

So, long story short, I got the order completed and boxed, ready to ship today.  However the other contact paper is still on the kitchen table, which by the way never really makes it into the tweeted picture.   I’m sure all of my twitter followers are very confused why I tweet a picture of my kitchen every morning when I get up.

Embedded image permalink

That’s the etsy order on the island.  I will take it to the post office when I head out this morning to the shop (unique creations)  It has officially closed, and today is the day for me to get all my stuff out.  I’m hoping to get the smalls out today, and the larger items on Tuesday when it is suppose to be warmer.  I have to store them in a garage, and it’s COLD today. 

I will need to block out time for Craig’s list.  It takes a lot of time to do the pictures, the posting, etc.  I really don’t like it.  But if it’s in my schedule, I suppose I’ll get to it.  Although, I haven’t had a lot of computer time.  I currently have almost 400 items in my google reader.  I hope to clear that out today. 

Okay, so yesterday was a good day with eating and walking.   I didn’t have a single coke!  (that is NOT my goal)  I love cokes and I don’t see myself ever quitting, but definitely trying to cut back.  Chocolate?  2 small york peppermint patties (they are like lays to me, betcha can’t eat just one!)   and about 15 m&m’s.   I like having m&m’s as a snack, because I can pour a few in a small plastic container, and eat only a few. I will never give up chocolate either.  :)

 

I walked for 30 minutes ,and I’ll tell you—my heart was NOT in it.  It seemed like the 30 minutes was an hour.  But I kept going.  I think it’s because I had just mopped  scrubbed the kitchen floor. It was really dirty.   I did day 4 on the cleaning schedule, extra rooms.

Day 5 on the cleaning schedule has already started repeating…which is a great thing.  Today?

5) Surface clean living room and kitchen (pick up stray items, dust, sweep, vacuum)

This is really working for me.  I wish I had started this last year when I originally printed it out. 

so, I’m off to tidy the living room and kitchen, then gather stuff to pack up my items at the store,

Make it a great day!   M-O-V-E !!   Even if just for 10-15 minutes!

I’ll be back later today with Peter’s challenge for day 5, but it won’t be until  around 2 due to packing up the booth.

see ya,

gail

1 comment:

  1. I would have to write down everything I do, as I do it, to remember everything like you do.....your mind must be a steel trap...wish mine still was.

    I've made some headway in this craft/computer room of mine...between running my husband here and yonder because his car is on the blink, and I'm still waiting for a call from my daughter who is about to give birth to my last grandchild. Maybe she will come today....I hope!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and taking the time to say "hi". :)