Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 is off to a great start

Tuesday (New Year’s Day) was off to a busy start.  I registered to attend Haven Conference 2013.  The first 50 tickets were discounted $25, and I was a nervous wreck typing as fast as I could, to take advantage of that deal.  I made it, but the discounted tickets sold out in 60 seconds!  OMG!  I think the entire conference will sell out within a day or so.   It’s not till August, so hopefully I’ll be a whole new person by then. 

 

Peter announced his first challenge, and I rose to the occasion, and got it done very quickly.  On MRL I talked about the ideas I saw on Pinterest, and for now I decided to go with the one from Apartment Therapy.  It’s all about cleaning on a rotating schedule.  It’s the one I printed last year, and never got around to doing it.  It’s pretty cool, because you can really pick up the schedule on any day of the month.

1st- Surface clean living room and kitchen (pick up stray items, dust, sweep, vacuum)   That was a good one for me because I had already done Peter’s challenge in the living room, and because my goal was to get that kitchen in order before I tweet Wednesday morning’s picture.  Plus, I had been wanting to take an updated picture for my post How to Paint Oak Cabinets now that I got the new appliances.  The almond stove sort of stuck out like a sore thumb.

IMG_6722

Here’s the updated picture. We’ll see how it looks on Weds morning when I tweet it.  Smile

 

I did WATP (Walk Away the Pounds) for 15 minutes.  It’s just been a day, but having done that, and cleaned, I am already feeling better. I hope Peter’s challenge for Weds doesn’t involve any of the places I stuffed my clutter today.  hahahah

Here’s one tip I learned a long time ago…If you pick something up to move it, PUT IT AWAY, don’t shuffle it.  That includes the mail, etc.  Now, even though I know this great tip, I don’t always adhere to it.  But I try.

see ya!

gail

3 comments:

  1. Looking good!!! Glad to hear you'll be going back to the Haven Conference this year...I enjoyed hearing all about your first trip there last year.

    I do pretty good in most of my home EXCEPT for this craft/computer room...it is a disaster. Took time yesterday to go and buy a nice...well, what is nice to me...camera. I plan on starting in one section and if I know in my heart of hearts I'm not going to use something...it is either going to go to a friend of mine if it's something that can be shipped easily..then I may list some items to sell on one of our local FB pages...if they don't sell within a couple days...they are out of her to Goodwill.
    Many years ago...I thought I would try decorative painting....well, I was horrible at it...but I couldn't stop myself from buying small surfaces to do...big mistake! It's time to get them out of here. I should have took up scrapbooking...at least paper lays flat. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for a new camera! :) baby steps girl--anything that helps.
      although, donna (funky junk) believes in "gutting" not "shuffling". sometimes that method just doesn't work. I gut when I can, and shuffle when I must!

      hahah paper lays flat. funny!
      good luck!
      gail

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting your ticket! And your kitchen looks great! Great job getting it cleaned up!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and taking the time to say "hi". :)